We’re almost ready to run the 2017 Bark in the Park events:
Below are three handouts from Kimberly for volunteers:
Looking forward to another great Bark in the Park event.
5K Run/Walk, 1 Mile Walk, Kids’ Races and More
Please save the date for the 2017 5K Run/Walk at the Geneseo Bark in the Park event this year on:
Saturday July 22, 2017 at 8 a.m.
Here is a link to the PDF version of registration form that can be printed and mailed or dropped off: Geneseo-2017-Bark-in-the-Park-Registration-b
You can also register on-line at www.GetMeRegistered.com/BarkinthePark.
The event includes:
- 5K Run/Walk has no age limitations and starts at 8:00 A.M.
- 1 Mile Walk (with or without your dog) starts at 8:10 A.M.
- Kid Races (no age limitations) start at 8:45 A.M.
- There will be post race snacks, awards, kid’s games, the pet contest, and more.
- 5k Run/Walk fee is $20 ($25 after June 23). This option includes a Race T-shirt and packet
- 1 Mile Walk (with or without your dog) fee is $20 ($25 after June 23). This option also includes one race T-shirt and packet. Plus, all participating walkers & dogs get a ribbon!
- Kid Races (no age restrictions) fee is $5, does not include a T-shirt. (Cost remains $5 even after June 23.
- Family Rate (must register 3 or more family members at the same time) fee is $30. The Family rate receives NO t-shirt, packet, kid’s games, or Dog Gifts.
- T-shirts may be purchased separately after the race – subject to availability for $10 for sizes S thru XL, XXL & XXXL are $13. Again, there is no implied guarantee of availability if not ordered before June 23.
Packet Pickup and Late Registration:
- Friday, July 21st from 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. at the Geneseo City Park (west side of City Park on Center St.)
- Race Day, July 22nd from 6:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. at the Geneseo City Park Pavilion (west side of City Park on Center St.)
- For more information explore this website, GeneseoBarkInThePark.com or contact Kalie at 309.507.0187.
On your marks . . . Get ready . . .
One of the most delightful highlights of the Bark in the Park event is the Pet Contest.
Below is a quick list of the categories of competition:
- Best Costume
- Best Dog & Owner Costume Duo
- Youngest Puppy
- Smallest Dog
- Largest Dog
- Best Talking Dog
- Longest Ears
- Best Follower of Commands
- Best Trick
- Loudest Support
- Most Uniquely Marked Coat
- Most Look-alike Dog & Owner
A wealth of photos, including photos of past year’s pet contest winners can be found by following the links on this page to FaceBook.